A bit about us:
Tero Marine is part of Ocean Technologies Group, the global learning and operational technologies company, alongside; Seagull, Videotel, Marlins, Marine Training Services & COEX. Delivering training flexibility, ubiquity & collaborative technology, to a network over 1,400 customers, making the industry safer, stronger & better.
TM Master is the leading brand of Tero Marine, with over 2,000 systems licensed worldwide. The software suite is built on the Microsoft platform, and has been designed for workflows in maritime operations. TM Master has been designed to enable customers to take care of their assets; vessels, crew and cargo, our full fleet management system consists of TM Maintenance, TM Procurement, TM Human Resources & TM Quality & Environment.
Ocean Technologies Group serves an unrivalled network of over 1,400 customers, 20,000 vessels and over 1,000,000 seafarers with the biggest data rich picture of learning and development behavior in maritime history. The collective knowledge, experience and ability of more than 300 “Oceaneers” around the globe empower Ocean Technologies Group to make the maritime industry safer and stronger.
A bit about the role:
The Software Support Consultant position will be based in Tero Marine’s UK operational hub near Newcastle-upon-Tyne and will report to the UK Operations Manager, who is based in the same location. The role also has a “dotted line” responsibility to the Tero Marine UK Managing Director, also based in the Newcastle office.
A bit about what you’ll be doing when you join us:
Responsibility is ultimately to handle support cases as and when they arise from our international base of customers. As well as this, you would be responsible in the delivery of projects, implementation processes and delivering product training & workshops to the Tero Marine international base of customers.
The territory is primarily UK and Europe, but the role might also from time-to-time be asked to cover other territories or support with customers from other territories. Main responsibilities and tasks include:
• Recording and managing support cases for Tero Marine products - 60% of the focus of the role
• Converting and building databases from SQL and MS Excel - 40% of the focus of the role
• Actively managing your own support and project workload.
• Coherently communicate resolutions to customers with varying level of technical expertise – from IT specialists to offshore personnel.
• Attending customer meetings, customer event, exhibitions, conferences and user-forums
• Conducting demos and training courses demos and of Tero Marines products - TM Master, TM Insight and other software.
A bit about you
• Proven experience in a similar support role.
• A good working knowledge of Remote Administration software such as TeamViewer / RDP.
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SQL Server and Windows Operating Systems.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to learn quickly and methodically.
• Good communication and collaboration skills; experience working across borders, languages, cultures and organisations.
• Strong track record of self-motivation, working independently and being driven by results and a desire to succeed.
Nice to have but not essential
• Working exposure to T-SQL, Microsoft Access and other database platforms.
• A good understanding of relational databases.
• Good understanding of networking and mail protocols.
• Experience in software training.
Please send a summary of your experience and a brief explanation of how it aligns to the requirements of this role along with your resume or LinkedIn profile to our recruiter email@example.com