A bit about us:
Tero Marine is part of Ocean Technologies Group, the global learning and operational technologies company, alongside; Seagull, Videotel, Marlins, Marine Training Services & COEX. Delivering training flexibility, ubiquity & collaborative technology, to a network over 1,400 customers, making the industry safer, stronger & better.
TM Master is the leading brand of Tero Marine, with over 2,000 systems licensed worldwide. The software suite is built on the Microsoft platform, and has been designed for workflows in maritime operations. TM Master has been designed to enable customers to take care of their assets; vessels, crew and cargo, our full fleet management system consists of TM Maintenance, TM Procurement, TM Human Resources & TM Quality & Environment.
Ocean Technologies Group serves an unrivalled network of over 1,400 customers, 20,000 vessels and over 1,000,000 seafarers with the biggest data rich picture of learning and development behavior in maritime history. The collective knowledge, experience and ability of more than 300 “Oceaneers” around the globe empower Ocean Technologies Group to make the maritime industry safer and stronger.
A bit about the role:
The US Sales Manager will be based in one of the maritime hubs in the Gulf States and report to the US Regional Sales Director, Michelle Bollaert who is based in Seattle. The role also has a “dotted line” product and collaboration responsibility to the Tero Marine Global Sales Director, Tarjei Isaksen who is based in Bergen Norway. The position has no direct reports.
A bit about what you’ll be doing when you join us:
Responsibility is ultimately to contribute to the financial results of Ocean Technologies Group by increasing sales with both new and existing Tero Marine customers in the designated territory and by identifying new business opportunities to drive revenue from the sale of learning solutions to Tero Marine customers.
The territory is primarily US and Canada, but the role might also from time-to-time be asked to cover other territories or support with customers from other territories. Main responsibilities and tasks include:
• Prospecting for new customers, which represents approximately 60% of the focus of the role
• Cultivating existing customers for up-sale and to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, which represents
approximately 40% of the focus of the role
• Promoting and selling Tero Marine and Ocean Technologies Group products
• Attending customer meetings, customer event, exhibitions, conferences and user-forums
• Running demos of Tero Marine TM Master, TM Insight and other software
• Qualifying leads into CRM system and closely follow through to the various stages of the sales cycle
• Proposing, reviewing and negotiating contracts
• Actively managing and expanding existing customers
A bit about you
• Deep knowledge of the Marine and Offshore industries
• Excellent sales, account management and negotiation skills
• Familiar with fleet management software and ideally with onboard workflows related to PMS, Purchasing, Crewing and/or HSEQ
• High degree of commercial knowledge and experience
• Strong understanding of customers, market dynamics and requirements.
• Good communication and collaboration skills; experience working across borders, languages, cultures and organizations
• Ideally from a background selling competitive SaaS solutions within the industry.
• Knowledge of seafarer learning platforms and training needs useful but not required
• Strong track record of self-motivation, working independently and being driven by results and a desire to succeed
Please send a summary of your experience and a brief explanation of how it aligns to the requirements of this role along with your resume or LinkedIn profile to our recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org.