A bit about us:
Tero Marine is part of Ocean Technologies Group, the global learning and operational technologies company, alongside; Seagull, Videotel, Marlins, Marine Training Services & COEX. Delivering training flexibility, ubiquity & collaborative technology, to a network over 1,400 customers, making the industry safer, stronger & better.
TM Master is the leading brand of Tero Marine, with over 2,000 systems licensed worldwide. The software suite is built on the Microsoft platform, and has been designed for workflows in maritime operations. TM Master has been designed to enable customers to take care of their assets; vessels, crew and cargo, our full fleet management system consists of TM Maintenance, TM Procurement, TM Human Resources & TM Quality & Environment.
Ocean Technologies Group serves an unrivalled network of over 1,400 customers, 20,000 vessels and over 1,000,000 seafarers with the biggest data rich picture of learning and development behavior in maritime history. The collective knowledge, experience and ability of more than 300 “Oceaneers” around the globe empower Ocean Technologies Group to make the maritime industry safer and stronger.
A bit about the role:
The Sales Manager Asia reports to the Managing Director of Tero Marine APAC who is based in Singapore and has a dotted line into Tero Marine Global Sales Director, who is based in Bergen Norway. The position has no direct reports and will be part of the Tero Sales team. Preferred location is Hong Kong.
A bit about what you’ll be doing when you join us:
Responsibility is ultimately to contribute to the financial results of Tero Marine and Ocean Technologies Group (OTG) by increasing sales with both new and existing Tero Marine customers in the designated territory and by identifying new business opportunities to drive revenue from the sale of our Fleet Management Software.
The territory is primarily primarily North Asia region including China, but the role might also from time-to-time be asked to cover other territories or support with customers from other territories. Main responsibilities and tasks include:
• Prospecting for new customers, which represents approximately 50% of the focus of the role.
• Cultivating existing customers for up-sale and to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, which represents approximately 50% of the focus of the role.
• Promote and sell Tero Marine and other OTG products and services.
• Attend customer meetings, customer event, exhibitions, conferences and user-forums.
• Run demos of Tero Marine TM Master, TM Insight, Ocean Learning Platform and other OTG software.
• Qualify leads into CRM systems and closely follow through to the various stages of the sales cycle.
• Propose, review and negotiate contracts, in accordance with internal processes and guidelines.
A bit about you
• High degree of commercial knowledge and experience.
• Good knowledge of the Marine and Offshore industries.
• Good technical understanding and preferably familiar with Ship Management software.
• Strong understanding of customers, market dynamics and requirements.
• Good communication and collaboration skills; experience working across borders, languages, cultures and organisations
• Experience of sales and negotiations.
• Experienced in selling SaaS solutions and/or in using Ship Management software
• Knowledge of seafarer learning platforms and training needs useful but not required
• Able to work independently and driven by results and a desire to succeed.
Please send a summary of your experience and a brief explanation of how it aligns to the requirements of this role along with your resume or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com or Tarjei.firstname.lastname@example.org