A bit about us:
Tero Marine is part of Ocean Technologies Group, the global learning and operational technologies company, alongside; Seagull, Videotel, Marlins, Marine Training Services & COEX. Delivering training flexibility, ubiquity & collaborative technology, to a network over 1,400 customers, making the industry safer, stronger & better.
TM Master is the leading brand of Tero Marine, with over 2,000 systems licensed worldwide. The software suite is built on the Microsoft platform, and has been designed for workflows in maritime operations. TM Master has been designed to enable customers to take care of their assets; vessels, crew and cargo, our full fleet management system consists of TM Maintenance, TM Procurement, TM Human Resources & TM Quality & Environment.
Ocean Technologies Group serves an unrivalled network of over 1,400 customers, 20,000 vessels and over 1,000,000 seafarers with the biggest data rich picture of learning and development behavior in maritime history. The collective knowledge, experience and ability of more than 300 “Oceaneers” around the globe empower Ocean Technologies Group to make the maritime industry safer and stronger.
A bit about the role:
The Cloud Architect position will be based at Tero Marine’s HQ office in Bergen, Norway and will report to the Head Of Consulting, who is based in the same location.
A bit about what you’ll be doing when you join us:
Responsible for setting up and operating the Tero Marine Azure Hosting Product towards customers. You will be in charge of optimizing the product on a technical level as well as cooperating with our development team in optimizing our software for cloud deployment. Main responsibilities include:
• Set up the Azure cloud environment and operate on a daily basis.
• Make sure the environment is as cost effective as possible.
• Make sure we are consistently as cutting edge as possible on most technical aspects of our cloud solution.
• Consult with customers on best practice when it comes to switching from on premise installations to cloud installations.
• Close cooperation with TM developers regarding future development decisions that might impact cloud hosting and use.
• Other internal IT related tasks will be required such as IT support, server operations, etc.
A bit about you
• Higher education within IT (Computer Science preferable). Years of experience working with Cloud Platforms might compensate for lack of relevant education.
• Experience working with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud
• Fluent English – both written and spoken
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to learn quickly and methodically.
• Good communication and collaboration skills; experience working across borders, languages, cultures and organisations.
• Ability to think business as well as technically.
Please send a summary of your experience and a brief explanation of how it aligns to the requirements of this role along with your resume or LinkedIn profile to our recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org